The Colt M16A1 rifle is the first rifle in the Colt “AR–15 Military Classics” line of AR-15 rifles. Production of the CRM16A1 is limited to 2500 rifles. All serial numbers used in production of the CRM16A1 rifles replicates the serial number of a Vietnam War era rifle. A V has been added to the end of the serial number to differentiate the new production rifle from the original production rifle. And the V also acknowledges its association with the Vietnam War.
MI16A1 Parts Kit
M16A2 compensators have 5 slots that are spaced about the top half of the circumference of the device.
Some people call an A2 a birdcage, but that’s not really correct as a birdcage has equal spacing all the way around.
Colt M16A1 Specifications
- M16A1 Style Lower Receiver with full “magazine fence”.
- M16A1 Upper Receiver.
- Finished in Gray Cerakote.
- 20″ 5.56x45mm NATO Barrel with 1-12 twist & chrome bore.
- Mil-Spec Phosphate/Chrome Bolt Carrier Group.
- A1 Flash Hider.
- Black buttstock, pistol grip & handguard assembly.
- Includes 20rd Magazine, GI Operations Manual & Chamber Flag.